Zeke just passed his 9TH MONTH BIRTHDAY!! Seriously this last month has been SO FUN! He is learning so much, so quickly!! Every day he is learning new tricks and sounds and ways to move around! He is figuring out how things work and how he works. He is becoming a HUGE TEASE! He loves to egg people on to smile at him or tickle him... and he totally knows how to work the system, he knows what squeals to make or smiles to give to get someone to tickle torture him or to get the ladies in Relief Society to smile and wave at him! I thought he was going to be a shy boy... but he is quickly proving me wrong. He has been a little momma's boy this month... which I am enjoying because I know it won't last forever! He has two little bottom teeth and has learned that "mama" means mom. We moved his crib down to the lowest setting this month... but I discovered (when I tried to put him to bed and then got up in the middle of the night to feed him) that the lowest setting was TOO LOW for me, we then had to move the mattress back up a notch so I can reach him in his crib! He still loves to eat EVERYTHING... seriously, even if he doesn't like a food he rarely refuses to eat it or spits it out, he'll just endure the disgusting taste and continue eating.
Zeke's morning routine:
- Usually starts talking and squealing and even yelling as soon as he is awake! He'll talk and laugh and play in his crib for quite a while... usually its a party until he gets playing a little too crazy and the binkie inevitably falls out of the crib.
- As soon as I go in to get him out of his crib he first DIVES for the binkie, and then insists on having me hold his arms pits so he can RUN around (this kid rarely WALKS).
- He first RUNS over to the humdifier just to check and make sure it is still off-limits (he never gets mad when I say "not a baby toy", but he has to check every morning to make sure it is still forbiden).
- He then RUNS to the door and flings it all the way open and then HOP/JUMP down the hallway to our room. (It is pretty common for him to also spit out his binkie at this point and start kicking it around).
- As soon as he gets to our room he drops to his belly to look under the bed.
All about Zeke:
- Hobbies: Loves to have someone hold his arms or hands so he can walk around... well actually so he can RUN around! Still loves jumping and is passionate about kicking! He is also getting really good at throwing and will love to throw a toy over and over and over (especially if someone is retrieving the toy for him to throw).
- Talents: KICKING! He loves, loves, loves, loves to kick! (Makes me laugh... soccer is the only sport Brent doesn't LOVE...).
- Favorite Places: LOVES OUTSIDE... and he's figured out that doors take him outside! He could seriously spend all day long playing outside! He also loves the laundry room! He loves seeing the washer and dryer and even knows where they are at Grandma's house also! When our laundry room door is closed he will lie down on his belly to look under the door. He also loves standing up on the window seat and banging, licking, and drooling all over the window.
- Favorite Toys: Loves balls and anything he can get to make noise!
- Favorite Games: Totally loves to tease... he will do anything to get others to tease him back! He especially loves teasing Brent to get him to tickle him! He also LOVES sharing his toys with Brent and will put some toys in Brent's mouth to share with him!
- Friends: His binkie has got to be his BEST FRIEND, followed by a little talking dog named "Scout". Zeke shows his affection for them both by getting excited to see them... and then kicking them around and around and around.
- When he grows up... I'm guessing it looks like he is going to be a PROFESSIONAL soccer player, or possibly a trampoline olympian. :) There is also a possibility that he'll be a chef... he loves to watch Brent and I cook... and I'm sure he's learned by now that if he has any hope of eating delicious meals he may want to start cooking for himself (or learning from Brent).
- Least Favorites: He has already learned to go "limp" and throw a little tantrum if he doesn't get his way... usually this is when he can't go outside or when something has been taken away from him. He is also not a huge fan of walking outside in his bear-feet (he usually likes to have socks on, especially when walking in the grass).
![]() |
| Totally discovered himself in this tiny mirror and has been fascinated with this toy (and all mirror toys) ever since! |
| So tender... Mom and Zeke posing right in front of the very full trash cans! |
| Zeke LOVES to play CRAZY with Brent and wrestle and roll around! He totally teases Brent to get him to play rough with him! |
![]() |
| Chillin outside on the swing! |
| Impressive kicking form... almost a pointed toe! |
| Loving the dainty pinky finger as he's kicking around Brent's shoes! |
![]() |
| Cowboy Zekers! |
| LOVES to roll under the rocking chair and push it up and down. |
| What could be more fun than a little kitchen floor time with Dad and some measuring cups?! |
Zeke is seriously so much fun! I can't believe that he just gets more and more fun! I also can't believe how lucky I am to get to be married to Brent! He is such a good dad to Zeke and seriously the perfect hubby to me! When I get frustrated or flustered or tried he is more than happy to jump in and take Zeke for a walk or play with him so I can recharge. Zeke still wakes up about every 3-4 hours at night to eat... but honestly I am loving those moments more and more now that I see how quickly he is growing up... and I love the cuddle time so much now that he is such a mover during the day! I know those middle of the night feedings will end soon enough and I may just miss them when they are over!
+ZEKE.jpg)
+ZEKE+MIRROR.jpg)
+ZEKE.jpg)
+CINDY+ZEKE.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment