This month was ALL ABOUT FEET!
This guy loves, loves, loves to not only walk... but to KICK and climb. He can't walk up to any toy without first kicking it. He'll kick anything he sees on the ground... and if he likes the way it moves or feels or sounds, he'll continue kicking it to show his affection! He is also mastering playing with his toys with his feet! He is definitely our little monkey! He also loves to climb and squirm! I have to hold him tight when he nurses otherwise in a split second he will suddenly decide he's done eating and wants to dive head first off to the floor to play!
This month had a lot of milestones...
Zeke had his first "non-well" doctor visit!
Zeke also had his first prescription of antibiotics. That was fun... he was good, too good, at keeping those drugs out of his mouth! I had to call in the BIG GUNS (my mom and JoyAnne) more than once to help out. We have pink antibiotics all over the bathroom rug, the bedroom rug, the rocking chair, my clothes, Zeke's clothes, Brent's glasses, the kitchen walls and floor... so glad for medicine to help him feel better... but so glad those 10 days trying to give him the medicine are over.
Zeke got his first tooth a few days before his 8 month birthday!
We ALMOST had our first family vacation... but Zeke got sick... so we had our first cancelled family vacation. :)
Zeke learned to wave "bye-bye" and "hi" (and loves to wave at himself in the mirror).
He loves to play patty-cake with his grandma... but won't do it when I'm around so I have to just take grandma's word for it!
He loves saying "mum-mum-mum" and has started saying "da-da-da"
He has made his first attempts at crawling!!
The past two months Zeke is really not content until he is up walking around. He can tolerate sitting for a few minutes if he is well entertained.... but he really just wants to be up and moving!! Brent and I have spent a lot of time walking around the house on our knees... and we've got sore backs and knees to prove it (and I'm sure it won't be long before our pants all have holes in the knees also). I'm pretty sure when Zeke learns how to stand/walk on his own he'll be RUNNING... its going to feel so good to him to be FREE and not have to pull mom/dad around behind him (he can go a lot faster than Brent or I can on our knees). The past THREE days he has been having fun playing on his stomach and rolling around like crazy. I admit... when he does that I just sit like a statue and watch him! I hardly dare breathe! This guy used to throw major fits if he was ever placed on his stomach!
We are loving our time with him... life is for sure more busy when you are walking around on your knees all day, and its a lot harder to take pictures... but it is so fun to get to spend time with our little monkey and watch him learn new things!
![]() |
| He loves to take off his socks during mealtime... and pull up his pants. (He also likes to take his bibs off... notice it on the floor?!) |
![]() |
| He's a pretty happy eater... especially when he has toys to play with while he eats! |
| He loves to dump out baskets, buckets, boxes... especially trash cans (since they are just his size... he like to dump them out and then carry them around). |
| He was pretty intimidated by this balloon at first... he didn't mind if it was high in the air, but if it came down near him he'd get nervous. |



+ZEKE+copy.jpg)
1 comment:
Your pictures are adorable! What a cutie! I think Zeke and Hailey would be best friends, they love all the same things!! Sounds like he'll be walking alone soon!! Josh was at 10 months so watch out! We need to get the kids together! or, maybe just the babies, Taylor, Hailey, and Zeke.
Post a Comment