The last few months have been... harried! I have seriously been overwhelmed by having a toddler ON THE GO!! People tried to warn me... but holy smokes... I had no idea what was about to happen once Zeke learned to walk!! Zeke can pull out pots and pans, spoons and forks, spatuals and strainers, cheese and cereal, trash and toilet paper faster than I can BLINK! This kid is BUSY!! Our house is TRASHED... like not just a diaster, but seriously TRASHED! One night a couple weeks ago I was feeling exhausted and totally flustered at the state of disaster our house was in (and sometimes my life seems to be in that state also). I took Zeke for an evening walk (to try and calm him down from a temper tantrum) and as I was walking and thinking I all the sudden had the kindest, sweetest reminder of what is most important in life... to lose my focus on stressing about what was decaying on the kitchen floor and instead to keep focused on the importance of my love for Brent and Zeke. A few days later when things seemed to be spiraling out of control again, I once again had an impression come to my mind and remind me that THIS WAS THE LIFE I HAD ALWAYS DREAMED OF! It was so true... how could I have forgotten?! I have looked forward to the day when I would
be a wife and mother since I can remember!
I have looked forward to having a little toddler to chase around, to
having a husband to get to talk to about his day. I actually looked forward to feeling frenzied
and disorganized and being scatter brained because I had a FAMILY I was focused
on. I looked forward to cheerios all
over the carpets, graham crackers on the walls, fruit snacks smashed into the
rugs! I looked forward to peaches on the
kitchen floor, zucchini on the walls and handprints on every window! The thought just made me smile. I am so blessed! During pregnancy and Zeke’s first year it was
easier for me to remember how blessed I am!
When I would get up with him night after night and clean up spit up
after spit up I would smile and give thanks for the blessing of Zeke. When I was pregnant and experiencing all the
pregnancy pains I felt so grateful for the experience and miracle! But some how in the busyness of toddlerhood I
forgot to step back and remember to be glad, to be grateful, to see the
everyday miracle of Zeke, of life, of learning, of experiencing! I may still not love the feeling of rice
getting stuck to my bare feet when I walk across the kitchen, and it may still
drive me crazy when I see Zeke spitting out his food and chucking it… but I am
so grateful for the precious reminder of what a magnificent gift life really
is… how special EVERY DAY is. I really
am married to the best of the best of the very best husbands ever created! And I am so grateful to get to experience
parenthood with him! I love being
married to him… and I look forward and feel giddy to know I get to participate
in forever with him!
Grateful to be living the dream!!
Grateful to be living the dream!!
No comments:
Post a Comment