What is better than one holiday in July?!! TWO holidays in July! I love living in Utah... AND I especially love living here in July!
Poor Brent came down with a super nasty cold the day after his Birthday... I don't remember if he's posing for this picture or if the look on his face is sincere... doesn't look very fun either way. I had to get a picture of his DISGUSTING stack of tissues piled high in our window seat (can you see it on the right... yah, i'm sure you can... its hard to miss). Seriously, the first day off I had after this picture I SANITIZED our ENTIRE house. Doorknobs, books, the chair in the living room, kitchen cupboards... everything! He went into the doctor just before the 24th of July HOLIDAY and got some antibiotics so he's feeling MUCH better now!
Since Brent was feeling a bit better for the 24th of July... and since we both had the day off work, we decided to spend the time at the cabin! The rest of my family ended up having other commitments and projects they were working on so Brent and I actually ended up getting to spend time together at the cabin with just the two of us. We had tons of fun with our frozen pizza and the million games we brought up with us... just a side note here: I WON EVERY SINGLE game we played! Brent is just a LITTLE competitive... so I was feeling pretty stinking AWESOME when I kept winning... in a very humble sort of way. (I'm thinking we should play games a lot more when he's sick.)
Below: Brent making me look like a bad photographer by standing behind the porch beam... he never ceases to make me laugh. I caught a picture of the "EXTREME FIRE DANGER" sign on the way to the cabin... makes me feel like I'm entering Jurassic Park or some super adventurous park.
One of our favorite places to stop on our way to or from the cabin is Snowbasin. We stopped on our way home and played a round of Frisbee golf. We were quite successful this round and didn't lose or break any of our Frisbees! (We did have to spend quite a bit of time on the 2nd hole looking for Brent's Frisbee though... we had almost given it up for lost when I stumbled across it! Some day I'm going to be able to throw a Frisbee far enough it can get lost also... just wait.)
Below: The top photo is a super massively tall tree... and if you look closely to the left you can see the basket we are aiming for. Brent won AWESOME THROW OF THE DAY when he threw his Frisbee so high it actually hit the TOP of this massive tree and bounced from limb to limb all the way down the tree and landed just under it (where Brent is standing). The bottom middle picture is a rather FRIGHTENING friend I found when I reached down to grab my Frisbee (which landed just under the basket)... freaked me out when I reached for the Frisbee and saw the ground moving around the Frisbee and discovered the ground wasn't moving... it was a Rattlesnake! I was incredibly jittery for the rest of the game after that. Next time I'm wearing hiking boots and welding gloves.
Doesn't Brent look like he's feeling better?!! He LOVES these super cheesy pictures and just keeps begging me to take more and more pictures of him! He is always sneaking behind my back trying to post pictures like this all over the internet.:)
+Brent+Sick+pse.jpg)

+Brent+pse.jpg)

1 comment:
Hahaha!!! You are so funny!! ...and don't let mom see the picture of the snake or she'll move to a different state!
Post a Comment