Friday, July 20, 2012

4th of July

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 4th of July!!  I seriously look forward to it all year long!  I love celebrating our country, I love appreciating the blessings of living here, I love the parades, the water fights, the BBQs, the pool parties, the time with family, the sunshine, the relaxation.... I love this day every year!

This year we celebrated the 4th of July BRENT style... usually we do the parades (especially the water parade in Kaysville)... but I figure one of the blessing of being married is being able to have new perspectives and new ideas.  Brent has always mentioned how great it is to golf on the 4th... so I decided to give it a try this year.  LOVED it!!  Brent and I got to golf with Dan and Bradley.  Bradley and I made a bet with Brent that if Brent threw ANY golf clubs in frustration then he couldn't golf for a MONTH!  Bradley and I had a fun time watching Brent to make sure his clubs were not being thrown around angry-style. 

 
Bradley, Dan, Brent

It may look like Brent is taking a nap on the golf course... but he is actually holding down Bradley's foot with his golf club!  Yah, looks dangerous.  It would make me laugh every time they did this!!  Apparently Bradley sometimes lifts his foot while swinging, so this was their solution.  It actually worked well... when Brent held Bradley's foot down he'd get some really great hits in!

I hate to brag or anything.... but that tiny yellow ball close-ish to the flag is MINE!  I hit it all the way from the tee-box to this spot on the green.  Brent made me pose like Tiger Woods.

Happy Camper!  I am thinking Brent REALLY enjoyed this new 4th of July tradition.

After golf we were lucky enough to get to go swimming at my Aunt and Uncle's house with my family.  It was so much fun... and THE perfect way to cool off after a super hot golf game!  That evening after dinner, the family came over to our house for FIREWORKS.  Mel and Cody provided the FIREWORK entertainment... a whopping $10 firework box!  It was actually really fun... Alana apparently is new to the firework world so she thought the box was HEAVEN!  One of the highlights of the evening was playing in the gutters!  Ellie is OBSESSED with water.  If she sees anything that creates water, holds water, or is wet she MUST touch it!  The girl loves to be wet.  As soon as she saw the gutter had water in it she ran to her dad and begged to play in the gutter! 

Ellie with ALL hands and feet in the gutter!

Alana celebrating the gutter water!

Cindy and Ellie (Ellie invited and insisted that I come play in the gutter with her).

...And this is how we all felt at the end of the day!  (Joni)

No comments: