Monday, April 30, 2012

Spoiled in April

I admit, I was pretty dang spoiled in April... and I loved it! 

For starters I got these AWESOME flowers... from WORK... for putting in extra time for tax season!  How fantastic is that?!!  This picture doesn't do them justice... not only are they an incredibly HUGE arrangement, they are also very, very bright with pinks and yellows and blues and purples!

Bring on tax season, I'm ready to do it all over again just for more flowers!

(FYI... I have since dusted our dresser.. )

The pampering continued for Alana's birthday!  Joni, JoyAnne and I took Alana to a SPA to celebrate!  (But only after FIRST stopping at McDonald's for an indulging breakfast.) 

Alana and JoyAnne got pedicures... isn't Alana's monkey hat cute?!!  Joni and I got facials.  My facial felt pretty nice... it was quite relaxing.... until I left my dark little room.  I was lucky enough to find Joni right after my facial... she kept STARING at me and finally told me my face was still covered in goop.  I tried to wipe off some goop I could feel around my nose.  She told me I still had a little more.  I finally went to the bathroom to have a looksie.  The sight was TERRIFYING!!  It seriously looked like I had been living at a truck stop... but not using the fancy truck stop showers!  Seriously frightening.  Apparently something during the facial had agitated my eyes and they were totally swollen, I had to squint to see out of them.  My face was indeed covered in random spots of facial goop... even after using a paper towel to wipe it off I still had tons of goop left on my face!  And my hair... my hair looked as if I hadn't showered in MONTHSSSSS!  My hair was totally shellacked down with oil from the head massage I received as part of the facial.  I'm not going to lie... the sight I saw in the mirror traumatized me for quite a while afterwards!  I'm now obsessed with washing my hair.

JoyAnne got an AWESOME pedi!  The lady doing her toes was an ARTIST!  She gave JoyAnne an awesome argyle pattern on her toes!  (This picture make me crack up when I got home and noticed JoyAnne is sitting next to a sign saying "Cleaned"... maybe I should have gotten a pedi instead of the facial... then I could have been clean also!)

 Below is Alana's montage entitled "The Way Home".  This is the way to her house as seen from her eyes in the back seat of the car.

No comments: