Thursday, March 3, 2011

February: In like a LION out like a pussy willow


Wow, I believe the month of February is an extra short month for a reason! My February was filled with INTENSE work drama! A few things had been building over the last few months and everything hit at once in February... pretty much all heck broke loose! February wasn't a pretty month in my book, I spent a lot of the month feeling pretty picked on and sorry for myself and feeling "woe is me"! I was pretty sure the big bad world was out to get me (especially the big bad corporate world) and I believe one of my clients was trying to kill me by email (I'm still working on cleaning out my "inbox" at work). Looking back on the month I have discovered that although things were really, really bad and there were some major frustrations... I LEARNED a lot! I learned that I have been blessed with my mom for a reason! One day when things at work were at their worst I came running home at lunch... in tears. She made me lunch, listened to my sobbings, and gave me some very good advice which really healed a lot of my work situation. I learned I have the bestest husband in the world! Even when Brent had projects that kept him at school until the wee hours of the morning, he would still come home and listen to me talk about my day and would love me and make time to show me how much he loved me. I learned that the world is filled with sincere friends who love me and care about me... and would bend over backwards to help me. I also learned that I love the gifts of smiling and laughter... wouldn't life be so mundane without them?! I also learned that I love March even more after a long, hard February... and I can't wait for spring! :)


1 comment:

Karen and Adam said...

Cindy! I'm so sorry it's been such a rough month! I SO hope March has been going better! I really do look up to you and know I'm completely lucky to know you! Any time I talk to you or read your blog or even just think about cute Cindy, I leave the moment feeling happier and better.