Sunday, March 27, 2011

Will Work to... Ski!

Every year (well this is only the second year) my office hosts a Client Conference. Our clients fly into Ogden and spend the day attending an exciting Conference on Hedge Fund topics. Everyone at my office is also invited to attend the conference and we all get to enjoy free breakfast and lunch (yum!). The day following the conference the managers get to go skiing or golfing (depending on the client's preference) with the clients. This year Brent's Spring Break fell right in the middle of our client ski day... so i convinced Brent to come skiing with me! IT WAS SO FUN!! Brent was pretty nervous... which was nice for me, since he was so nervous I wasn't scared at all!!
Brent's Nervous face as we were getting out of the car...
It was snowing like crazy... and a few ski lifts and runs were actually closed part of the day due to lack of visibility. I think that just made skiing so much more fun. There was plenty of SUPER SOFT snow to fall into (which I did a bazillion times)... and the new snow was so thick on the trails that it really slowed me down. I also loved the fact that there was very little visibility, there were a couple times when there was so much wind and snow that I was pretty sure I was speeding down the mountain looking AWESOME... like Peter on "Courage Mountain" ("Courage Mountain" is the second Heidi movie... Heidi and Peter are more grown up and Peter skis down huge mountains to save the world). Anyway... I felt pretty spectacular about my skills until I would pick out a tree in the middle of the snow storm and notice the tree was not moving anywhere... hence I was NOT moving either! Yah, that would remind me that my awesome ski skills are still non-existent! But even if i fell a million times, and even if i wasn't moving when I thought i was, it was still a super fun day! Brent warmed up in no time and proved to be a super star skiier.

These pictures are soooo cheesy... but they just keep making me laugh when i look at them!







And this has NOTHING to do with skiing... but I thought it looked TASTY! This is our dessert tonight (one of them). I was pretty proud... this is my first ever Trifle and it just makes me happy! I just barely learned the word "Trifle"!

3 comments:

~Cynthia~ said...

That is quite a treat to get to go skiing for work, and what a bonus to be able to take the hubby along. I'm glad you all survived and had fun. The trifle looks delicious... especially after 2 months of dieting!

Karen and Adam said...

Oh my stars, Cindy! That trifle looks AMAZING! I hope Brent knows how lucky he is...because Adam never gets beautiful desserts like that! He feels lucky to get frosting on graham-crackers! ;)And I LOVE your skiing stories! Especially the recap of that "Heidi" movie! AND you not moving while thinking you were racing down the mountain! I laughed so hard reading that! Your stories just make my day!

Grandmajoann said...

Hey, lucky you! How nice that Brent could tag along with you and your clients! Bet it was fun for him to get acquainted. Isn't it fun to be "in love" and just enjoy doing anything together.....And, I love the yummy Trifle. I have never made one.