To help Brent overcome his snow-hatred I have been introducing him to FUN snow activities (and I got him a Wii Winter Sports game also... i figured it couldn't hurt). I guess you could call it manipulation, but I think of it as helping Brent broaden his horizons to accepting the snow world... and maybe, possibly, someday he'll actually be excited to see a snowflake falling from the sky! Last year we went cross-country skiing... so this year we tried SNOWSHOEING! Brent LOVED it! (Bwahaha... my evil plan is working...). We went snowshoeing on Christmas Eve down a canyon by our cabin. We followed the river, some animal tracks, and some strange human tracks (we never could figure out where the human was traveling...). We hiked past an old trapper's cabin and crossed the river a bazillion times... each time usually provided a pretty good laugh. We were also lucky enough NOT to run into any moose.

Cindy snowshoeing

Brent the elf (doesn't he look like an elf in this picture? I'm not sure if it is the big snowshoes or the way his beanie is angled... but something looks elf-ish).
Brent leading the way (I think the cabin in the background is the old trapper cabin)
(Doesn't the cabin look cozy with all the fog around the mountain peaks?!)
Brent leading the way (I think the cabin in the background is the old trapper cabin)
(Doesn't the cabin look cozy with all the fog around the mountain peaks?!)
2 comments:
I'm impressed that your conniving ways are working out in getting Brent out in the snow. I've never tried snowshoeing, but I can imagine how peaceful and beautful it must be out there.
Seriously, you are one of the coolest people I know! You scuba, ski, kayak, run barefoot races in the snow, are a CPA, AND you snow-shoe and are converting others to it! And, you totally have me convinced that I should go buy snow-tires. I have never done it...but your testimonial has me a believer! :)
Post a Comment