Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I love Christmas! I love getting to spend time at the cabin during Christmas. At the cabin EVERY Christmas is a white Christmas... I love that there is no phone service/internet at the cabin, it makes life seem like it just slows down and you have a REAL break from busy-ness. Most the time it feels as if time doesn't even exist when we are at the cabin. (No wonder I crave this place when I get stressed or overwhelmed with life!)

Brent and I went up to the cabin on the 23rd of December... it was fun to brush up on our gaming skills for a few days before the whole family arrived.



This year for Christmas Eve we went to the Morrill Christmas Eve party. Traditionally this party consists of food, gifts, and a BARE FOOT RACE in the snow. I thought the bare foot race was pretty much living life on the edge of excitement... what could be more daring and thrilling than running through crunchy snow and getting frostbite and cutting the bottom of your feet??! Well, this year some cousins bumped DARING and THRILLING up a notch. After the barefoot race they all decided to go for a dip in Pineview (since it wasn't frozen over this year). Whoa! Of course the rest of us went along for the show! Most of them luckily had brought swimsuits or some change of clothing (Kris went in for the mid-night plunge and luckily happened to have some extra clothes in his car to change into... I won't mention what one of our cousins who DID NOT have a change of clothing was wearing, but I will say that it was a good thing it was very, very dark outside...).

2 comments:

~Cynthia~ said...

A cabin at Christmastime sounds delightful. However, I think your cousins sound a little insane. I would definitely be observing and not participating. I could probably handle the barefoot race, but the plunge? That is just plain craziness!

Karen and Adam said...

Oh Cindy, you make me laugh so hard! I remember hearing your stories about that barefoot race and thinking I'm such a wuss about being cold that I'd never do it. You are one tough chickie! So does Brent join in the barefoot fun?