Monday, December 27, 2010

Cooking by Color


I have discovered a whole new world of cooking... the world of SALADS! I think cooking up salads is more my type of cooking... there is very little cooking involved in salad making... mostly just tossing and mixing needed. And my favorite part of making salads... I can cook by COLOR! Brent can testify that cooking by color works MUCH better in salads than in main dishes (when I run out of a green ingredient while cooking I just look around the kitchen until I find another green ingredient to substitute in, this makes Brent a little nervous... so far I don't think it has created any MAJOR problems in our meals but Brent may have a different opinion). I LOVE food that has bold, bright color to it... color that fits the mood of the food. This salad is my MASTERPIECE so far! (It looked WAY better in person... practically melted my heart with its color!) GREEN romaine lettuce, RED raspberries, WHITE cheese (some crumbly cheese that started with a 'g'), BROWN caramelized almonds, DARK GREEN spinach, WHITE AND GREEN pears and PINK dressing (some poppy raspberry recipe I found online). (Oh... and BROWN bacon bits cause Brent LOVES anything with bacon...).
Anyway, I think this is so far the greatest accomplishment of my cooking career so I thought I would share.

2 comments:

~Cynthia~ said...

I love a good salad and that looks and sounds delicious!

Karen and Adam said...

Oh my word. That looks SOOO good! Who needs a CPA when you can make a salad like that? You should totally PATENT your salad and be rich! :) Seriously, that looks so yummy. I must sadly admit I have gotten into a terrible salad rut and am grateful to have my eyes re-opened by you, Cindy! :)