Amy, Joni and JoyAnne (and me) have dinner together almost every Tuesday. We take turns cooking each week. A few weeks ago Amy made a new recipe. Honestly I wasn't wild about the recipe... it was spaghetti with corn and peppers and meat and tomatoes. Even though it seemed to be a weird combination of foods the meal looked DELIGHTFUL! It was so pretty with so many different colors! Since it was new we decided to give it a name... we called it "Fall Medley" (sounds just like a piano song or something).
Oddly enough a day or two after this meal I began wanting to eat it again and I couldn't stop thinking about it! I asked Amy for the recipe and finally made it this week for Brent. I really shouldn't have talked up this recipe. I think Brent was expecting something fabulous. When I made "Fall Medley" I ended up re-naming it.... "Halloween Concoction"!! It was DISGUSTING! The entire dinner burned and the spaghetti never got soft so it looked like spider legs or something spooky! Why is it that Amy's dinner turned out like a piano sonata and mine turned out like something from a horror movie?! Guess I now have a Halloween meal we can make every year to scare Brent!
Behold.... the scary Halloween Concoction! (I was trying to convince myself that this meal wasn't so bad... so i pulled out all the burned chunks and tried to find pieces of spaghetti that was SORT OF cooked... lets just say this meal was so terrible I couldn't even put it down the disposal for fear it would destroy our disposal and possibly our plumbing!)
1 comment:
Oh Cindy! You make me smile!! I LOVE all your stories and how you tell them! I think one of my favorites is still the one when you burned the counter. "Halloween Concoction." You are so fun!
Post a Comment