Another thing Brent is pro at is measuring and drawing up houses in auto-cad (this is what he spends a lot of his time at work doing). My parents are THINKING of adding on to the cabin or finishing the basement to make some more bedrooms and bathrooms. Brent and I were lucky enough to get to go up to the cabin this weekend and draw up the cabin! (Well Brent measured and drew the cabin on our laptop and I RAN around trying to take pictures of him... he's so speedy it was HARD to get any pictures of him measuring! Oddly enough he didn't seem too flattered that I was working so hard to get pictures of him in "his element", I'm guessing he's so good at measuring that people must be constantly following him around trying to taking his picture to show his awesome-ness.
Wow, this has been Brent's super star week... I wish he had fall break from school every week! Brent also fixed our toilet... WAHOOOOOO! Last Friday the handle broke on our toilet, this made it rather difficult to flush the toilet. We have another bathroom down in our basement so it wasn't a HUGE problem... until Brent got some food poisoning (or the flu?) on Saturday! Poor, sick Brent got to spend all Saturday night and all day Sunday lying on the bathroom floor in the basement (luckily when he started feeling better he did make it far enough to sleep on the basement couch). I'm sure glad we have two bathrooms in our house!
Yesterday Brent used his fix-it skills and repaired our toilet so it flushes like new! Boy it is sure nice to have our upstairs bathroom back again! This is what it has been looking like the last week... lots of boxes of toilet parts and directions (and just to gross you out... all the old toilet parts got to sit in our shower for the week... good thing we also have a shower downstairs! I'm not sure i would feel so clean showering with used toilet pieces!).
Yesterday Brent used his fix-it skills and repaired our toilet so it flushes like new! Boy it is sure nice to have our upstairs bathroom back again! This is what it has been looking like the last week... lots of boxes of toilet parts and directions (and just to gross you out... all the old toilet parts got to sit in our shower for the week... good thing we also have a shower downstairs! I'm not sure i would feel so clean showering with used toilet pieces!).
2 comments:
I'm so jealous of his awesomeness! Seriously, I would love to know how to draw up house plans that could be real!
I am sorry to hear that after the party, he got sick. How terrible. And, to have to wait all that time for a 2nd toilet to use. I am glad to know that he can and did fix the toilet however. I may need to call on him one day!
Post a Comment