Sunday, May 30, 2010

Certified Geek

Thursday morning about 9:00AM I found out I passed my LAST CPA exam!!! I apparently passed the test to be a certified geek! :) Yippee!! Since Brent was out of town on his annual baseball trip with his dad, Joni and I went to dinner at Paradise Bakery to celebrate that night! Yum!! (And I'm SURE Brent was thinking of me while he enjoyed dining at the Cheesecake Factory in Denver Thursday night!)

(P.S. Ironically enough KSL had an article on Wednesday stating you should NOT use food as a reward... apparently a researcher believes rewarding kids with food could lead to disordered eating (in EXTREME circumstances)... food is one of my favorite rewards, guess I'm already a victim of disordered eating.)

THANK YOU so, so, so, so much for all your endless encouragement and love and support while I have been taking these exams! I can't tell you all how much your words and belief in me have meant! There have been COUNTLESS moments when I would get discouraged and think of your encouraging words... your faith and support helped keep me going and going and going.

7 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

I am so happy for you! It is finally over! And, good for you, to reward yourself at paradise Bakery sounds great to me. Congratulations. We are very proud of you. It took a lot of studying and dedication.....Love you too bunches.

Jen said...

Congratulations on passing your exam! I think that's awesome and you deserve to reward yourself with food if you want to.

Karen and Adam said...

CINDY! Rock ON! We should celebrate by having you balance our checkbook...we could time you! AND, we would TOTALLY reward you with.....FOOD. Seriously, I think you're the neatest person I know! I've suddenly been hearing horror stories about those fun CPA exams, and Adam thinks he wants to join the fun. Do you think I could recruit you (with food) to take the tests for him? ;) Cindy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Heidi said...

Cindy that is amazing! Way to achieve BIG, BIG stuff! I am so impressed with your persisitence in making your goals reality. Totally inspiring. Congratulations!!!! And now you will have free time, Wahoo. If you ever want to use that free time for more food fun please give me a call to join you :)

Melissa said...

Yay!!!!!!! Great job Cindy!! If you ever need to reward yourself again call ME!!! I will take any excuse to go out!

~Cynthia~ said...

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment and deserves any kind of reward you want to give yourself. I've been craving a Paradise Bakery chicken walnut sandwich for weeks. That place is yummy.

barlow4 said...

MUscles, I feel so dumb it has been this long and I have not congratulated you!!! YEAH!!!! You are so full of brains it's amazing! And, I think rewarding with food is the only way to go! ICE CREAM?!