Brent does all sorts of AWESOME projects in school... architecture is a way cool major with all sorts of "display" items! (Architecture is especially exotic when compared to accounting... in my school presentations I got lectures about making sure presentations did NOT involve any "creative crap". Yes, that is a direct quote from one of my professors.)
Anyway, Brent's latest project (last semester) was designing a mixed use/mulit-family residential complex near the Gateway in Salt Lake. He also tried to "redesign masonary" (all the buildings around the Gateway have a lot of brick... brick was originally used as a structural part of the building but now is used mostly on the outside of buildings merely for design rather than structure). Brent used brick on his building but used it as an element of design and used a screen system to naturally shade the building during the hottest times of day and hottest seasons. (I thought this was a totally ingenious idea! A few buildings have a similiar system such as the New York Times building.)
Brent's Super AWESOME models... notice the roof-top garden (one of my favorite features), apparently the foilage used in the roof-top gardens is a kit from Michael's. Architecture students mock "the kit". Brent bought "the kit" just as a bit of a joke to use on his models this semester (I think it was a dare).

2 comments:
Those are awesome models, and I think architecture is way cool. I would never be smart enough to learn all the particulars, but I would love building models.
How much fun is that? I would love to have the kind of brain that could design something like that. Unfortunately, I do not. Fortunately, if I ever have the money to need something, Brent does. How cool is it that he also happens to be my favorite nephew? LOL
Post a Comment