About five years ago I participated in my first ever March Madness bracket picks. My brackets lost miserably... in fact, I placed DEAD LAST at work! I have never even filled out a bracket again.... until this year! Our company is offering a free VACATION DAY to the winner of the March Madness bracket pick this year. An extra day of vacation?!!! I definately decided to try filling out a bracket at work.... and with a secret weapon... BRENT! Brent helped me fill out my brackets last night and amazingly enough I am doing a TON better this year!! Some of our guesses for winning teams are actually right! Of course we had to pick Murray State to win the game today... when your last name is Murray you can't pick them to LOSE their first game.
This afternoon while I was walking around the office a group of people told me I was in FIRST PLACE for bracket picks!!! How awesome is that?!! Everyone was SOOOO impressed with my sweet picks! Of course, it didn't take people too long to figure out I was in first place for picking a team with my last name.... and unfortunately I didn't know Murray "St." stood for Murray STATE (whoever heard of the state of Murray?? It doesn't exist.). As soon as I called the team Murray STREET my credibility was lost. But I admit... It was sure fun to be in first place for a day! Thanks for such great bracket picks Brent!!
Murray STREET in New York
3 comments:
I, for one, think Murray STREET, sounds like a magical place. Murray STATE? Oh so mundane. ;) Congratulations on your March Madness miracle!!!
Just like "Weber State." Why do they do that? Good luck!
I hope your picks stay in first place. How fun for you to try. I have never done an office pool on Basketball or football. I'm rooting for you.....
Post a Comment