This is a picture of our "office" where I study, where we both prepare our church lessons, where Brent does his homework (if he doesn't need special computer programs to do his homework), and where we use our computer. (Did you notice the NICE "Taz" mouse pad? Brent couldn't part with it... so I guess if we ever decide to get a mouse we'll have a SUPER COOL mouse pad for the mouse...)
This picture of our office looks a little dark... because our office has been dark for the last year. (This picture was taken during THE DAY.) About a year ago the light in our ceiling fan burned out... and over the last year we have bought EVERY type of 60 watt light bulb sold in stores!! We have big bulbs, little bulbs, long bulbs, short bulbs, tin base bulbs and fat based bulbs... bulbs especially made for ceiling fans, bulbs especially made for night lights, bulbs especially made for ALL lights.... NONE of them fit our ceiling fan! Luckily Brent was nice enough to donate the lamp from his night stand so we could have a little light for our office while we shopped and shopped and shopped for new light bulbs for the ceiling fan. I believe if there are really light-bulbs made for this ceiling fan... they must only be made and sold in Asia... I definitely have NEVER found a bulb that fit our light sold in the USA.
This is a picture of the ceiling fan in our office. Before this room became our "office" it was actually Amy's bedroom (when Amy and I lived in this house together). Apparently this room gets stuffy and doesn’t have a lot of air circulation, so when Amy lived in this room she really, really wanted a ceiling fan. I love having a ceiling fan in my room so I went out and picked out a ceiling fan that I thought would work great in Amy’s room and gave it to her for her birthday. I admit… most of the ceiling fans in my price range were either really low (like so low you’d have to worry about your hair getting stuck in the fan every time you walked around the room… or else they were bright purple or pink with lots and lots of flowers or High School Musical paraphernalia. As soon as my dad installed the light in Amy’s room I became concerned. My dad had made some comments about this fan and its quality… but frankly I didn’t realize what we were dealing with until it was installed. The fan was totally tippy… and if you turned it on it sounded like it was about to fall from the ceiling… no matter how much my dad tightened it. The light was a puny, teeny, tiny 60 watt bulb… just one… and it had a severe yellow/brown tint to it… and would flicker regardless of whether the fan was on or not. Amy described it best when she said she felt like her room was a dark and dingy bar. I am still surprised this fan was ever allowed to be out on the open market... available to the public. Maybe it was only sold as a joke... obviously I had no idea what I was getting into when i bought it.
This is a picture of our NEW office light!!! Whew hew!! A few months ago Brent and I were in Lowe's buying more light bulbs and I noticed this light fixture was probably LESS money than all the light bulbs we have been buying to TRY and fit our ceiling fan! So i convinced Brent to just buy a new light fixture! I even installed this new fixture ALL by myself while Brent was at school last Saturday!! (I did call my Dad to come inspect my work once I was nearly finished and he MIGHT have "corrected" just about everything I did... but I still felt pretty proud of my accomplishment!!)
The best part about having a new fixture is the LIGHT!! It feels like our office is full of pure sunshine! There is so much light I've found things in that room I didn't even know existed!! It is totally delightful to use the computer again and to SEE!
3 comments:
I like your taste. That looks exactly light the light installed in my walk-in closet that only had a bare light bulb for the 20+ years I lived here until we had the bathrooms remodeled. I commend you on installing it yourself. I have 6 more light fixtures in this house that need to be replaced and I know I could probably do it myself, but I'll probably end up paying someone an outrageous amount of money to do it for me (unless I get brave and actually give the high priests something to do next time they ask if I need something done).
You are very brave to attempt electical work by yourself!
I love your light fixture. I bought a new one for my bathroom approximately 20 months ago, and it is still sitting in the box on my bathroom floor. Someday I am going to get around to installing it!
Post a Comment