Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas was actually filled with a lot of weeping, wailing, whining, and crying at our house... I came down with a cold that day (no... the weeping, wailing, whining and crying were NOT from me) and I think Zeke must have been feeling under the weather Christmas day also.  He was especially angry when he would hear the tearing of wrapping paper.  Luckily we finally gave me him Tylenol around noon and he was MUCH happier after that.  But since we were so preoccupied trying to get Zeke to stop whining and crying we did not get many pictures of Christmas... but we did get a few pictures the Sunday before Christmas with my family's party:
 
 
Not going to lie... I thought it was pretty stinking AWESOME that Kris and Zeke had similar shirts... ever since Kris married Abby he's been stylin' so I felt like Zeke was stylin' also!  I think next year Z will need to grow some facial hair like Kris. I also LOVE Z's hair in this picture... it is always so poofy and stands straight up... I like that you can see it in this picture.  Everywhere we go we get comments about his hair... even from strangers.

I love Ellie's awesome crown and poofy skirt.

 

Ellie got a fairy costume... complete with dress, hair, wings, and a mask!  There was some serious excitement over this gift... I love Avery's open mouth in the background!



There was some question about whether the mask or the fairy hair went on first... so Ellie asked my mom (who said she got the hair/mask/dress from the fairies) what the fairies said about the order.  She wanted to make sure she got it right.

 
Ellie was pretty sure that wearing a fairy costume could make her fly.


Flying didn't quite happen... but she was so excited about the costume she didn't seem to mind...


Ha... love this close-up of the fairy mask!  (She went around as a good fairy asking if everyone was good or not... for those who were good she promised to bestow a gift upon them).

Avery excited to open a present!

 

Alana made these awesome manager scenes for my parents and for Joni and JoyAnne!

Kris's favorite part of the evening was a creepy doll that Avery got!

This is how a lot of our Christmas looked... Brent and I were super excited and Zeke was not so excited!  Poor guy!

 
Even though Christmas was quite different than I had anticipated it was so fun!  I loved getting to spend time with family and getting to reflect on the blessing of Christmas!

No comments: