Zeke turns 6 Months Old!!
17.1 lbs
26.5 inches
This month seemed to start out like a lamb... happy, innocent, content. Things were a lot more demanding by the end of the month! I think Zeke is super frustrated he isn't more mobile... he has learned to throw tantrums when he is frustrated and so there has been a lot more screaming and crying this month than ever before! It is so nice to have happy pictures of him so when we have rough days I can look at the pictures and know that he was happy once upon a time... and remind myself that he will probably be happy again. It is funny because it seems like those hours of frustration or grizzly-ness seem to last forever!! And in those moments of screaming all I can think about is how inadequate I am as a parent! I think of thought after thought of things I must be doing wrong and how I am ruining my child! The very first day Zeke was throwing tantrums I told Brent that I thought Z needed anger management counseling for babies... and I was serious (even if I tried to pretend I was joking). Brent laughed and reminded me that it was just one day of tantrums... it is nice to get his fresh perspective... and Zeke is lucky also because it saved him from seeing a therapist for now. :) Guess it is pretty frustrating trying to learn new things... whether it is crawling or walking or learning a new computer program... but all the frustration pays off once you finally break through and learn the new skill! Hopefully Zeke will feel this way also once he is mobile... hopefully all these tantrums will turn into hours and hours of laughter! (Let me know if any of you offer crawling tutoring... we'll definitely take you up on this offer cause I have no idea how to help teach him to crawl!)
Zeke LOVES to talk! I love waking up in the mornings to hear him talking and yelling and babbling! I love hearing him talk in the car or when he plays with his toys! So much fun!
Zeke learned to BLOW this month! Not only did he learn to blow, he also learned to blow through his binkie while keeping his binkie in his mouth! That is talent! He now likes to blow his binkie OUT of his mouth... especially if we are trying to get him to sleep when he doesn't want to sleep!
Zeke can sit up by himself and play!
MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT: Zeke finally took a bottle on 12/12/13!! I have been giving him a bottle EVERY night for the last month and a half trying to get him to take a bottle. Typically he gets mad and will spit out any liquid from the bottle. But now he will drink an OUNCE (on a good day)... so that was pretty exciting!! He REALLY likes to just chew on the bottle and talk. (Pretty sure he will never take a bottle... at least not more than an ounce... so now I have started giving him sippy cups to play with... we'll see if he likes that more than a bottle.)
Zeke totally loves water... he gets a little grumpy if he sees me washing my hands and I don't let him play in the water also! He LOVES bath time... especially the ANTICIPATION of listening to the bathtub fill with water!!
Some of my very favorite things about Zeke right now are the super happy gummy smile that greets me when he wakes from a nap or gets up in the morning! I love how happy and excited he is to see me! I love that when he falls asleep he smiles and even laughs in his sleep! (Brent thinks he is smiling because he is proud of himself for putting up such a fight before falling asleep.) I love that I get to stay home with Zeke and watch him grow and change every day! I feel super blessed to have Brent and Zeke in my life every day!
.JPG) |
| Z is still LOVING his jumper! This is usually the face he makes as he jumps and jumps and jumps. He loves to talk and spit and squeal as he jumps and jumps! |
.JPG) |
| He is still spitting up... but now that he is eating solids we get to see spit up in COLOR! Way more exciting! |
.JPG) |
| LOVE how happy he is in this picture! Can't you just hear him making happy sounds?! |
.JPG) |
| Gangster Z |
.JPG) |
| He is getting super good at rolling around and contorting himself to see what is going on around him. |
.JPG) |
| CHRISTMAS! |
.JPG) |
| Taking a bottle Christmas day... and playing at the same time. He has never drunk more than 1 or 1 1/2 ounces... but it made me super giddy to see him drink that much! |
.JPG) |
| Zeke had his first snow-mobile ride the week after Christmas! We went up to the cabin with Amy and Avery for a day. |
 |
| Zeke LOVES to bend backwards in his Saucer... makes me laugh! Not sure if he does it to try and see what toys are behind him or what... it is pretty entertaining to watch him do his back bends! |
 |
| LOVE this good-morning smile! |
 |
| He loves to look at his hands and STUDY them! |
 |
| Zeke LOVES mirrors! |
 |
| Favorite game: throwing things and having us help him walk over to pick them up so he can throw them again! |
1 comment:
Spit up in color!! Wahoo!! He is so adorable! Sorry about the tantrums. :( They are tough!
Post a Comment