Pretty sure when i look at this shower head I can hear CHOIRS of angels singing! Seriously. Neither Brent nor I are "handy"... like we pretty much avoid any and all home projects as much as possible. When one NEEDS to be done we procrastinate... like a YEAR... and then will finally get around to it (usually). This shower head is no exception. Quite a while ago our old shower hose started leaking. Then it started leaking more. Then A LOT more. I think there was a lot more water shooting out the shower hose than the shower head. Our remedy: turn on the shower and then QUICKLY close the shower curtain to keep as much water in the shower as possible. If there was ever even a TINY gap in the shower curtain, the floor (and curtain) would be soaked. We bought a new shower head and hose and had it sitting in our bathroom for a month (or two... or more). Finally I decided I was going to change out the shower head on Saturday. Heck, I've been watching a lot of DIY television while I exercise, what could be so complicated about a shower head? It actually wasn't too bad... until I finished up putting on the new shower head and turned the water on.... the good news: the leak was fixed, the bad news: NO water was coming out the shower head. I stared at it a while, tried to decide if i should beat it with a wrench in frustration or cry... I decided to go find Brent instead. Pretty much EVERY home project I've tried to do turns out this way... I try and be helpful, then I confess my mess to Brent and he does his best to salvage the disaster I've made. He took most the shower head back apart and turned the water back on. Still no water coming from where the shower head should be... but you could hear a lot of pressure building up! Suddenly a tiny "slow the flow" filter SHOT out of the shower head hole and flew across the shower! It was CRAZY!! Everything worked perfect after that! Pretty sure it was a blessing that filter was removed right from the beginning... our water is so hard that the poor filter never would have lasted a week! (Well apparently it didn't even last a few seconds). Shower head worked PERFECT once we put it back together again! And how cool to have a new shower head that keeps the water INSIDE the shower!! I pretty much feel like I can start my own DIY TV show now... right before Vanilla Ice's comes on.
And... this MAY be bragging, but check out the picture below. Yah, this was MY room for a night! How spoiled am I?!! We had a YW overnighter in Park City a few weeks ago. I kind of felt like a whiner but I've been having uncomfortable pains (doctor says maybe a dislocated rib?? who knows?) anyway lying down and sitting can be quite painful so I asked the YW President if it would be possible for me to sleep on a mattress or if there was room for me to bring an air mattress. My wish was GRANTED!! No only did I get this SUPER CUTE room, but i even got it all to myself! I didn't sleep much that night, but it was totally awesome to wake up and look around and feel like I was sleeping in a Pottery Barn catalog!
2 comments:
You have given me hope. One of the silly things I worry about in finding a new home is the showers. I love my new showerhead and don't want to give it up for something less, so if you can change out a shower head, I should be able to..or I might just have to call you guys to come and do mine for me. :)
I haven't been on these blogs for sometime, so I read all your blogs. What a great blogger you are. So detailed I thought I was right there. I had no idea you had to have so many shots at the same time! Wow, this baby brings his own history doesn't he? I am so excited for you, I can hardly wait! I am also happy that Brent is having such a wonderful opportunity to design the family house in St.George. A home away from home. All of you will really enjoy this. Thanks for keeping everyone up on all you do. I will try to be better. Love ya.
Post a Comment