Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December

We have been busy having lots of fun during the Holidays!  The Holidays seemed to FLY by this year... I have purposely been keeping up our Christmas decorations because I feel like Christmas went by so fast I didn't get to adequately enjoy and relish in it!
 
The beginning of December Ellie had her big THREE year old birthday party!  She is totally into dressing up... she insisted on wearing all her dress ups at ONCE!  She noticed at the party that baby Avery was not eating cake and ice cream with the rest of us and she asked Amy why Avery was not eating with us... Amy tried to explain that Avery still eats baby food... I am pretty sure Ellie thought Amy was torturing Avery by keeping the cake and ice cream away.  Smart girl, everyone should be eating cake and ice cream.
 
 
We were super lucky to get to go to NASHVILLE the middle of December to visit Sarah and Kurt... AND BABY MAX!  Wish I took better pictures because seriously Max is one of the BEST looking babies!  He is perfect!  He looked just like a doll! 
 
This is Brent's fave picture of Max... poor guy, people just wouldn't let him sleep.
 
Brent searched high and low for the perfect gift for Max... and he found this random ball that has faces poke out of it when you roll it or play with it.  Very unique.  Although Max was tired Brent was not to be deterred and he helped Max play with the ball even while he was sleeping.
 
I liked this picture of Brent... Max is totally covering his face, but I love Brent's excited smile.  (He has plans to be THE favorite uncle... just letting others know there is competition for the title...)
 
We were in Nashville for Max's baby blessing... here is Kurt showing off Max in his SUPER ADORABLE blessing outfit.  Max was perfect for the blessing and didn't cry at all (at least I didn't hear him crying).
 
We were in Nashville the weekend before Christmas Eve... AND we went to the mall while we were there!!!  It was CRAZY!  Brent found these AWESOME lights in a mall kiosk called "Puzzle Lights" or an "IQ Light".  His sister Jessica got him the light for Christmas and he was beyond excited!  (We found out afterwards that the mall here actually has these lights also... yah, apparently we need to get out more!) 
 
I think you need an IQ of approximately ONE MILLION to put these lights together based on the instructions that came with the light.  My IQ is not QUITE that high, but luckily Brent's is (and he might have had a little YouTube help). 
 
Glad we got this picture to display not only Brent's accomplishment in putting the light together... but also now you can sneak a peek at what we keep under the sink and how clean our kitchen isn't!  (Notice also the cupboard door on our floor under the light... yah, apparently I'm not doing a good job putting our cupboard doors on... they keep FALLING OFF!  As soon as I get them all hung up another one will randomly fall off the cupboard!  This has been happening ever since Amy and I painted the kitchen like 5 years ago!) 
 
Behold the completed Puzzle Light
 
Doesn't it look COOL?!  It looks so fake! I mostly love the fact that it comes with this HUGE remote with like twenty colors you can change the light to be!  
 
I seriously love this time of year.  I love all the time we get to spend with our families.  I love the new traditions we make every year and continue from the last years.  I love the snow and chilly weather and snuggling up inside to stay warm.  I love reflecting on the year and looking at all our blessings.  We have been particularly blessed this last year and have gotten to learn and grow so much.  We have had so many blessings come to us over the last year that we never, ever expected and feel so very, very, very blessed and grateful!

No comments: