Sunday, January 13, 2013

Phoenix

I had to laugh Thursday evening when Brent and I finally both got home... sometimes our differences are the funniest things in the world to me!  Thursday evening was the beginning of a winter storm.  Even though there had been "winter storm warnings" Brent and I had still driven separately to work because we both had different places to be after work (typically we carpool together).  I was driving our Lexus... this car has serious snow aversions... like honestly once there was a SKIFF of snow and the car could NOT get out of the neighborhood... so we now invest in snow tires for that car and it can get out of the neighborhood but not much further.  We have talked a lot about getting a car that CAN drive in the snow... or at least tolerate the snow... but once we look at car prices we always change our mind and decide to be happy with our Lexus and figure we just won't drive it when it snows.
 
Anyway, our commute home was traffical... LOTS of snow and lots of traffic.  I'm not going to lie... its been a long time since I've been lucky enough to be in THAT much traffic... i LOVED the three hour drive home.  By the time I got home I was seriously relaxed and felt like I was in my happy place.  (I also felt very blessed that there were so many miracles lined up that helped me to get home safely and without even getting stuck!!)  When Brent finally got home he was talking CRAZY about moving to Phoenix where it never snows and was cursing the weather people for predicting more snow.  He was NOT in his happy place... nor was he relaxed.  It was seriously comical to see our differences that night!  I love that we are so different so we can enjoy different things... and help each other to enjoy and see the world through different perspectives.  (I did try to help Brent learn to like snow... I bought him a winter sports Wii game a few years ago... unfortunately he does like the game, but I am so terrible at it that I just get FRUSTRATED to the point where I get ANGRY... so we can't play it together...)
 
I am grateful that we both got home safely... and luckily on Friday Brent flew to St. George for the day so hopefully he got his fill of warm-ish weather and is no longer looking for jobs in Phoenix.  :)
 
Our front yard Friday morning... by that evening the lower rung of our fence was covered in snow.  What a snow storm!  Don't you love the CREEPY tree in the right of the picture?  Seriously what do we do with that thing?!  It grows out of control and looks like a MONSTER.  I have no idea how to tame it!
 
 
I think the storm is finally passed... and now all the houses in the neighborhood have ICICLES!! 

1 comment:

Karen and Adam said...

You guys seriously make my day! I always love your stories and take on things, Cindy!