Sarah and Kurt had dancing at their wedding... complete with a LIVE BAND... AND a woman calling the dance steps! (It was very similar to square dancing... Katie (niece) danced almost every dance and got almost all of us to join her on the dance floor.)
Sarah and Kurt and Dan and Katie (you can't see Katie in the picture... but have faith, she is there) dancing.
On part of our flight to Nashville, Katie sat with Brent and I... she took some pictures of her world... I thought it was fun to see what she looks at:
These were the centerpieces at Sarah's reception/dinner. She bought tons of different types of M&M's and then she and Julie sorted them into different colors. Each table had a different fall color glass jar of M&Ms.... which were WAY delicious to eat! Bradley (nephew) and I had a fun time picking out the peanut butter M&Ms. Yum!
This is the place where Sarah and Kurt had their Wedding Dinner... fun huh? It was right downtown Nashville.
We had so much fun! The night we arrived in Nashville we had a bridal shower for Sarah at a nail/pedicure salon. It was super fancy! We all got our toes done and had fun eating delicious cake balls that Sarah made and watching her open gifts.
Another fun highlight was some kind of annual Zombie Food Drive going on in downtown Nashville while we were setting up for the wedding dinner. There were over a thousand Zombies walking around the block. It was pretty entertaining and random. We actually weren't sure what in the world they were doing... until we got home and looked it up online. Luckily these were nice Zombies and cheered when they saw Sarah and Kurt.
The day we left Nashville we had breakfast at a WAFFLE HOUSE! I have heard so many comedians joke about Waffle Houses... Brent and I were WAY excited to get to partake of the Waffle House experience. The place was clean, but boy, it felt like you were eating at a truck stop. My food (ok, MOST of my food) was good. I won't tell you what my grits looked and smelled like... but my waffle was tasty! It took us a few minutes to order so our waitress asked if we had ever been to a Waffle House before. When we told her it was our first time I thought she was going to loose all her hair or something she was so shocked... it was like telling her we had never heard of McDonald's! Such the perfect "farewell to Nashville" experience!
4 comments:
Oh Cindy, I like you! One of our goofy dreams together is to one day eat at a waffle house. I LOVE that you and Brent did it! Oh and it's destiny that we're friends. We both like peanut-butter m&m's. ;)
Ummmm ... so HOW COME I AM JUST FINDING OUT YOU GUYS HAVE A BLOG????? GOSH! :) I love it!!! I'm so happy to see regular updates! We keep talking about hanging out with you guys ... one of these days we need to MAKE IT HAPPEN! (I'm so excited for Brian Reagan! Yea!) Lets not wait for the show before we get together!! Hope we talk soon ...
Great recap on the Nashville experience. I'm glad you posted pictures of the centerpieces and the dinner venue, because I didn't remember to take such pictures. I'm wondering how I missed the Zombies. I had no idea there were zombies wandering around.
I love the background picture of you and Brent on your blog. That was a really fun day also.
CINDY!!!!!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!!! I found you on my analytics :) So fun, I miss you friend - I will happily be reading along and add you to my blogger list!
Post a Comment