Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend Disc Golf

I love the fall... by far my favorite season! I also love Conference Weekend! This was our very FIRST Conference Weekend that Brent and I have gotten to spend SATURDAY together! Ever since we've been married Brent has always had major school projects due the Monday after General Conference so he has spent Saturday up at the U.... ALL DAY and sometimes ALL NIGHT long. It was so much fun to get to enjoy Conference with him this year! WAAAAY more fun than watching/listening by myself.

Between the morning session and afternoon session of Conference we went up to Snowbasin and enjoyed the INCREDIBLE, bright fall leaves.... and played a little frisbee golf. I'm pretty sure we'll be in the Olympics as soon as this becomes an official Olympic sport... I was pretty dang good at aiming myself at the target and throwing the frisbee completely the other way. My trick move. I use it to confuse others.


LOVED this idea... STRAWBERRIES as the "spiller" in the flower box! AND... there were actual strawberries on the vines!

Important lesson learned... apparently there is a reason you use special disc golf frisbees for the sport instead of regular frisbees... I broke this frisbee right in HALF! Yah... told you I had MAD disc golf skills! (Luckily we had real disc golf frisbees on hand... I was just using this frisbee cause it was bigger and easier to throw and find.)

Check out Brent's awesome throw form! He has this gift for being AMAZING at whatever sport/game he plays.

Snowbasin... SOOOO pretty with all the changing leaves!


During the Priesthood Session of Conference I went up to the cabin to hang-out with the sista's! Super fun! I taught JoyAnne how to moge podge and we decorated the frame of her magnet board. We also played some INSTENSE games of Rummy-cube and Wacky Six. Joni and I had A LOT of good laughs listening to JoyAnne and Mom tell eachother to stop being so competitive and then trash talking back at the other.

The moge podge project completed...
Three deer showed up in the front yard! Pretty exciting to see wild life when you are safe inside... you never know when deer might turn out to be rabid or vicious.



Causey

5 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun weekend for you two. I am so glad that you make every minute count! The leaves look beautiful and how fun to hang out with your sisters. How is it not working! Lucky girl. Enjoy it while it lasts....

Karen and Adam said...

Oh, how much I would LOVE to see your mom trash talking someone! :) Cindy, your sense of humor is the best! I always laugh out loud when I read your blog! By the way, Adam and I think it has been way too long since we pulled out Saturday's Warrior... we should totally watch it with you guys! :)

Melissa said...

Oh Muscles, you're just too strong for your own good!

Melissa said...

I just decided that Karen and I both need new family pictures on our blogger accounts. Both of us are missing a child, lol.

Unknown said...

love the new background.. so talented.. now how did you do that?