It is only January, but I already LOVE 2012! Seriously, this has already been such a fun, happy year! Every time I think about "2012" I get a good feeling that it is going to be an awesome year.
We started out the year by celebrating our THIRD anniversary! I love being married to Brent and feeling our love grow more each year! It is still so exciting to me when he says my name or holds my hand. My heart totally skips a beat when he tells me that I look cute or when we get to spend time together. I love that Brent always takes time to make me feel special and to show me his love. For our first two anniversaries we spent the day doing snow sports... we were going to continue the trend this year also, but there wasn't any snow! Instead of frolicking in the snow we went to a movie and then went shopping for accessories for our office bookshelf. It was still a fun anniversary and Brent still made it special for us... and it was PERFECT to get to spend the whole day with Brent!
The first weekend of 2012 I went to a YW Overnighter at the cabin. The snow was so packed down (and there wasn't much of it) that we were able to DRIVE into the cabin (much better than the original plan to either have the YW walk in to the cabin or try to shuttle them in on snowmobiles). The girls spent the evening making fabric BOM covers (with a magnet hidden under the fabric so the book could close shut) and talking around the bon fire. It SNOWED overnight and the next morning an AWESOME cabin neighbor came over to see if the girls would like a ride in his SNOWCAT. HOLY MOLY DREAM COME TRUE!! Who is lucky enough to ride in a SnowCat?!! He took the girls up to the top of Causey Estates and they sledded back down to the "fire station" on the road. WAY awesome!! I LOVE THE SNOW!
Here are some of the YW modeling their pocket Book of Mormons... don't you love how they all simultaneously looked off into the distance for their model picture? (Don't you also LOVE the hairy beast hat? She also had a beard to go with the hat!) The bottom middle picture is a bunch of the girls flexing... I am not sure how the topic of "guns" came up... but they flexed and showed off their muscles during our entire BOM craft. I now know A LOT of super funny muscle lines for the next time I desire to show off my biceps and want others to notice them also.

January has already been jammed pack with excitement. We refinanced our house in December (really who could resist the low rates?!). We got a note in the mail in January saying "Congratulations" for paying off our house. Our house is NOT paid off... but it was still fun to have the mortgage company think so. I can't wait to get that letter in the mail FOR REAL someday when our house really is paid off! Brent passed his first exam to become a licensed Architect!! Wahoo! He has been so dedicated in studying. He's now 1/7 of the way there! I got to send in my first CPE credits to keep my CPA license. I thought that was exciting! We have also been able to go to a bunch of Jazz games... including the Jazz game where the Bear dropped a cake from the upper bowl into the lower bowl! I love Jazz season! I also got a fortune cookie message stating I would soon achieve perfection. Really, can 2012 get any better?! (Oh... I also started a new job and I get to actually REALLY leave at 5 every night... so sweet!)
On Saturday Brent and I went down to DayBreak to look at the new U of U Hospital. The firm Brent works for designed the hospital. Brent has been down to see it once before with a co-worker and loved it. He has been EAGERLY awaiting the open house! The hospital was offering a lot of cool services during the open house... free health screenings for your ears, eyes and heart; fun hand-on activities for kids in the OR; cookies and drinks; FREE calendars/pens/gym bags; tours of the different departments. We didn't see much of this stuff though... from the SECOND we got out of the car Brent started telling me all about the exterior of the building. What materials were used, the curves of the building, the windows, the mood the design was intended to create. There was seriously a BLIZZARD going on while he was talking, I don't know how he could see a thing! Huge snowflakes were flying at incredible speeds right in our eyes! As soon as we were in the building and the hospital greeters were trying to tell us about tours and maps and freebies and screenings, Brent was RUNNING into the lobby and telling me about firewalls and woodwork and curvatures and placement of reception desks. It was pretty apparent at that moment that we were definitely NOT there for any of the hospital info, we were there strictly for the architecture and design of the building. We literally RAN from feature to feature in the hospital. I learned about the design of hallways and innovative plans to keep the doctor and visitor hallways separate. I learned about using wood to keep the feeling soothing and comfortable instead of sterile and cold. I learned about using curves and breaking up long spaces. I love seeing Brent so absolutely EXCITED about things that he totally giddy! I love seeing him so excited that he is so focused and runs from point of interest to point of interest. I love that we didn't tour the Endoscopy Unit (luckily I already know enough about that department to know I DON'T want a tour there...) but instead I got my own private one-on-one tour of the BUILDING... a special tour no one else was lucky enough to get. At one point Brent slowed down (he must have been out of breath from running) and he asked "what unit did the greeter tell us had interest stuff?" I had to tell Brent that i was pretty sure the stuff the greeter had thought was interesting might not be the same stuff Brent was looking at. It was a fun tour!
The new U of U Hospital at DayBreak
2 comments:
Your January sure sounds exciting! I can appreciate the designs of new hospitals, the one I'm delivering at in Virginia seems quite soothing so thank Brent and all the architects out there who do such a wonderful job! Hope your 2012 continues just as well :)
I cannot believe it has been 3 years already. So happy for you that you have found a new job. I love reading your posts. They are so entertaining and always make me smile.
Post a Comment