Sunday, September 11, 2011

Albion Basin Wildflowers

Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, Brent and I drove up to Alta and hiked around the Albion Basin. It was absolutely GORGEOUS!! There were fields and fields of wildflowers. Since it was a busy holiday-weekend we ended up parking at a lower parking lot and taking a shuttle up to the "campground parking lot" where we hiked Cecret Lake (which was about a 1 mile hike). The shuttle was an old 15-passenger van. As I climbed into the van I noticed a girl sitting on the very back row, so I opted to sit on the second to last row. I lunged for the seat and was totally GRACEFULLY thrown off-balance when the seat slid across the floor of the van and hit the girl on the back row. Apparently the girl was conditioned to being crushed by van seats and it didn't phase her. She gingerly pushed the seat up to its proper place and said "its ok". I picked myself up off the van floor and CAUTIOUSLY sat down on the rickety seat. Brent and I got an EXTRA adventure on the bumpy shuttle ride as our seat rocked around the back of the van. We had a lot of good laughs on the ride wondering if the seat was going to rock forward far enough and just dump us out. I never investigated far enough to determine why the seat was not locked into the floor of the van like most normal seats... but it did make for a fun ride full of surprises to have the slip'n'slide van seat.


Hiking around Alta Ski Resort




We hiked to Cecret Lake. How cool it is spelled "Cecret"... it makes the lake seem EXTRA secret!


Cindy in the fields of wildflowers... there were wildflowers as far as you could see!


Brent at Alta... restraining himself from frolicking in the flowers.


1 comment:

~Cynthia~ said...

Hey, now your down in my neck of the woods. I've done that hike several times. It is a nice little hike. In fact, I'm glad you reminded me of it, because by next spring I should be in good enough shape to start hiking again and this would be a good starter hike. Glad you enjoyed it!